“Support services for non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students” encourages and helps NCS students to learn Chinese, and to enhance their motivation and interest in learning Chinese. This is also a way to build up their confidence and to increase their ability in social integration.
* to strengthen their interest in learning Chinese language
* to enhance social development, taking care of their growing needs
* to develop inclusive learning in school, and to help them achieve better social integration
Tailor-made Chinese curriculum
* Apart from studying in class with local students, NCS students also learn Chinese in small groups weekly.
* Adopting effective and interactive learning methods, NCS students acquire Chinese in listening, speaking, reading and writing through games and stories.
Cultural diversity and integration on campus
* The school respects different cultural backgrounds of the NCS students. Local and NCS students would learn from each other and develop mutual appreciation.
* The school would organize theme-based cultural activities such as the Chinese traditional festivals or carnivals, and invite the NCS students to participate, and learn different customs together
* We have two teachers responsible for the exclusive school-based professional supporting work of the NCS students which includes curriculum planning, lesson teaching and parent liaison work, etc.
* The two special NCS support teachers are well-qualified with the professional qualifications for teaching NCS students, have completed the relevant training.
* We provide school notices in English medium
Education services for non-Chinese speaking (NCS) students
“Helping Your Children at Kindergarten Age” (Pamphlet)
Support to Parents and Students
Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens for the 2022/23 School Year