Starting from 2015, the Welfare Council has been subvented by the Social Welfare Department (SWD) to launch the On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services. We are serving children and their parents who needed.
Scope of Service
Training for Children
1. Understanding the whole developmental progress of children through comprehensive developmental assessments and specific assessments conducted by therapists;
2. Adopting tailor-made training plans by a multi-disciplinary team, based on children’s ability in different aspects;
3. Providing on-site/centred-based individual training and therapeutic groups for children during the school year;
4. Conducting regular meetings to evaluate the effectiveness of training plans.
Support for Parents
1. Providing consultation for parents to enhance their skills in raising children with special needs;
2. Providing phone consultation for parents to support their needs in terms of emotion and parental skills;
3. Organizing Centre-based workshops/groups/activities for parents.
A Multi-disciplinary Team
Our service team comprises occupational therapists, speech therapists, physiotherapists, clinical psychologists, registered social workers and special child care workers. The team works together to make tailor-made individual training plans for children.
The case manager follows up the training progress of children and formulates individual training plans.
On-site Support Services
Therapists and special child care workers provide on-site training for children, together with classroom management strategies, to strengthen support for children at school.